(World Trade Interactive)
The International Trade Commission released July 30 The Year in Trade 2008, its annual review of U.S. trade-related activities. This publication reviews the administration of U.S. trade laws and regulations, the operation of the World Trade Organization, U.S. free trade agreements and negotiations, and relations with major trading partners. It includes:
• complete listings of antidumping, countervailing, safeguard, intellectual property rights infringement and section 301 investigations undertaken in 2008;
• the operation of trade preference programs such as the Generalized System of Preferences, the African Growth and Opportunity Act, the Andean Trade Preference Act and the Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act;
• significant activities in the WTO, including its dispute settlement mechanism, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development;
• developments in bilateral and regional FTAs; and
• trade relations with major trading partners such as the European Union, Canada, China, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Brazil and India.
The report can be downloaded here (217 pages PDF).